SBI is the biggest bank in India, Nowadays every user uses an ATM/Debit card to withdraw money from their Bank Account. This is a fast and convenient way to withdraw money from the ATM machine and as well for the online transaction. But what if you get lost your ATM card and it goes in wrong hands. If you have an International Debit card then anyone can use it online without OTP code. So if you lost ATM/Debit card then immediately block it. Here you will know 3 ways that How to Block SBI ATM Card. Blocking SBI Debit card is very quiet and easy process.
Here you will know 3 way to block SBI ATM card
- Via Internet Banking
- Via SMS
- Via IVRS (Customer Care)
How to Block SBI ATM Card Via Internet Banking
SBI Internet Banking is the best service to control your SBI Account, you can do almost 90 % Banking related work throw Internet Banking. You can Activate SBI Internet Banking service without visiting branch.
1) First of all, you have to log in at onlinesbi.com with your username and password, then you see the default dashboard of SBI Net Banking here you have to click on “e-Services”
2) After clicking on the e-Services button you will get this type of dashboard here you have to click on the “ATM Card Services”
3) You need to block your SBI ATM Card that’s why you have to click on the “Block ATM Card” button. Although from this section you can apply For a New SBI Debit Card, and change your card limit.
4) Here you have to confirm your account number and then click on Continue
5) In this step, you will get your all ATM/Debit cards which are linked to your bank account, Here you have to select that card which you want to Block after that select a reason that why you are Blocking, then click on the Submit Button.
After clicking on the Submit button you have to click on “Confirm”
6) Now you have to verify yourself, Here you can choose OTP based authentication then you will get an OTP code on your register mobile number, You can also choose Profile Password option.
7) After entering OTP code or Profile Password you will get this type of confirmation message.
Now your SBI ATM card is Successfully Blocked if you want then you can apply for New SBI ATM Card Via Internet Banking.
How to Block SBI ATM Card Via SMS
SBI Internet Banking is the best way but lots of SBI users don’t use Internet Banking if you are one of those then don’t worry you have another option to Block SBI ATM/Debit Card. You can block your ATM card through SMS and IVRS
To block SBI ATM card you just need to type a message BLOCK<space>XXXX and send it to 567676 from your registered mobile number. Here XXXX is the last 4 digit of your SBI ATM/Debit Card. example – BLOCK 7898 and sed to 567676
After sending a successful message through the registered mobile number you will get a confirmation message from SBI. Blocking SBI ATM card through SMS is quite easy but what if you don’t know your last 4 digits of ATM/Debit card, You can check your SBI Passbook or you can call to SBI customer care.
How to Block SBI ATM Card Through IVRS
You have IVRS option in which you have to Call 18004253800 or 1800112211 and follow the procedure your ATM will be blocked. This is also a good method to block, here you have to listen properly then take the action.
Blocking SBI ATM card is not a big deal you can do it in a minute but suppose you have a single debit card and you have to withdraw money next day in such case you may face problems. If you are a Digital user then you can overcome this problem, well you can open your Bank account in Paytm Payments Bank or Axis Bank with 0 balance, here you also get a debit card and all process will be online. Here you know about How to Block SBI ATM Card via Internet Banking, SMS and IVRS I hope you learned, If you have any doubt or question or suggestion then please tell me via comment box.
More About SBI –
- SBI Minimum Balance Requirement
- SBI ATM PIN Generation Online
- SBI Balance Enquiry By Missed Call
- Online SBI Mobile Number Registration
- All Banks Missed Call Balance Enquiry Number
- What is the SBI Virtual Card And How to Create it
- SBI Online Account Opening By Yono (In 10 Minutes)