Aadhar is a Very Important document in all of your Government documents, It has all types of details like Name, Address, Photo, Email ID, Mobile Number, Sex, Fingerprint, Retina Scan etc. these all details are collected by the UDIAI in a Secure server. In this blog post, you will know the right process to Aadhar Card Update.
Aadhar Card can be created once in the life, but if needed then you can update your details from time to time, you can update these details in your Aadhar Card- Your Name, Address, Photo, Mobile Number, Email ID and in some cases the Biometric details.
Here you will know all 3 Methods to Update Aadhar Card. Sometime before you could change the Aadhar Details like Name, Address, Mobile Number, and Email ID at the UIDAI’s Online portal But from the March 2018 you only able to change the Address. If you want to change some other details like Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID then you have to visit the Aadhar Enrolment Centre.
What You will Learn Here
♦ Aadhar Card Update at the UIDAI Online Portal
♦ Aadhar Card Update via Post
♦ Aadhar Card Update by visiting the nearby Enrolment Centre
What is Aadhar Card & When it Started?
All major countries adopted a method to make a unique identity of their own citizens, such as the Social Security Number (SSN) in the USA, it gives a unique identity to the citizens and also helps the government. Influenced by the same pattern of USA, India started Aadhaar in 2009.
Similarly, Aadhaar also gives an identity to the people of India with complete information of the person, which is valid throughout the country. Aadhaar is a 12 digit number which is also called UID Number, in which biometric and demographic data is collected. it’s collected and managed by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India)
Aadhar Card Update at UIDAI (Online Method)
Your mobile number must be registered with your Aadhar Card because you need the OTP code to Login to Your Aadhaar Profile.
Remember You can only change the Address in the Online method.
1) First of all, you have to open the UIDAI official website, www.uidai.gov.in where you will find this type of dashboard, here you have to click on the “Address Update Request (Online)” option.
2) After clicking on the Address update you will find this dashboard, in which you have told that only those people can change the address which mobile number is registered with the Aadhaar Card.
Here you also informed that you can only change the Address at the online portal. Along with it you also get the link of that list which describes the valid documents to change the Address in Aadhaar Card.
Here you have to click on the Proceed Button.
3) After clicking on the Proceed button you get this window where you have to enter your Aadhaar Number or VID Number then enter the Text verification. Now click on the “Send OTP” button.
4) In the next step, you get an OTP code on your registered mobile number, you have to enter that OTP code here to Login. After entering click on the “Login” button.
5) Now you are Logged in to your Aadhaar profile, here you have to select the Address option and then click on the “Submit” button.
6) Now, this type of form will be open in front of you, here enter the Address which belongs to your Address proof document. By clicking the drop-down button you can choose S/O, D/O, W/O etc.
Always remember, You have to enter the right details which are available in your Address proof document. If you enter the wrong information or provide the wrong address proof then your request will be rejected.
After entering the all details correctly Click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
7) In this step confirm your all details in the English and local language after that click on the “Proceed” button.
8) Now upload the address proof document where first select the document name then upload. Here you can upload up to 2MB size photo, You can take the photo through the mobile but it should be visible and clear.
All address proof supported documents details are below.
If your photo file size is more than 2MB then you can resize it via the Photo Resizer tool
9) This is the last step to Update Aadhar Card Online, In this step, you have to select the BPO Service Provider in my case there is only 1 option. After selecting the BPO click on the “Submit” button.
10) Now you will get your URN (Update Request Number), By the help of this number you can track your update status. This URN also will be sent to your registered mobile number. Typically your request takes around 5-10 days to update in your Aadhaar Database. and Aadhaar Card.
After Updating the Aadhaar Card you have to download it from the UDIAI.
Learn – How to Download Aadhar Card
Aadhar Card Update Via Post
You can change the address via post, in this method registered mobile number is not required, you can enter any mobile number which you want.
1) First of all, you have to download this form – Aadhaar Data Correction/Update Form
2) After downloading and taking a printout of this form you have to enter all details about the address. Always keep in mind Your entered details should match with address proof which you attach along with this form.
3) Now attach a copy of the address proof.
4) Put both of documents in the envelop and send it to UIDAI
Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills,
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Aadhar Card Update Via Enrolment Centre
Aadhaar Enrolment centers are those entities who can change your Aadhaar details after taking you the biometric verification. When you apply for the Aadhaar Card you have to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment center.
You can change your Photo, Name, Address, Mobile Number and Email ID at the Aadhaar Enrolment center.
You can find the Aadhaar Enrolment center in your city via this link – Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
Enrolment center charges Rs 25/- for every visit towards the correction of the details.
Supporting Address Proof Documents for Aadhaar Card Update
- Your Passport
- Your Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Your Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Family Ration Card
- Your Voter ID
- Your Driving License
- Your Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Your Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Your Insurance Policy
- Your Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Your Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institutions on letterhead
- Your NREGS Job Card
- Your Arms License
- Your Pensioner Card
- Your Freedom Fighter Card
- Your Kissan Passbook
- Your CGHS / ECHS Card
- Your Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on
- Your Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Your Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Your Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Your Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Your Disability ID card/handicapped medical certificate issued by respective State/UT
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/State government of not more than 3 years old
- Marriage Certificate Issued by the Government containing the address
If you have to Update the address only then the Online method is best because it takes less time. In the online method, your mobile number must be registered with the Aadhaar. If you are updating the address via post then there is no requirement of the Registered mobile number. I hope you have learned about Aadhar Card Update If any question or suggestion then feel free to comment. Also share this post and SUBSCRIBE to this blog via email.